Jr. Plan Review Engineer/Architect
RADCO, A Twining Company, a nationally recognized Design Approval & Plan Inspection Agency (DAPIA) for manufactured and modular homes and buildings is seeking a Plan Review Engineer/Architect for its Long Beach, CA location. This position will involve both technical engineering assignments and project management. It is an excellent opportunity for a new graduate with little or no experience to start an engineering career, get professional training, acquire new skills and grow within the organization.
- Perform multi-discipline plan reviews of model plan residential and commercial buildings under governing codes;
- Communicate deviations verbally or in writing to manufacturers and clients;
- Provide consultations on regulatory and code issues; and
- May perform some structural design work.
- BS in engineering or architecture;
- The ability to pursue and acquire professional licenses for the State of California (EIT and PE);
- The ability to pursue and acquire ICC building plan examiner certification;
- Ability to perform; under senior engineer guidance and supervision; structural design and create structural calculations for foundations and simple residential and commercial buildings;
- Basic Knowledge and willingness to explore and learn more about wood, concrete, and steel construction codes such as NDA, ASCE, ACI, AISC;
- Basic Knowledge and willingness to explore and learn more about of the current California Codes;
- Good communication skills (verbal & written). Work with clients in professional and courteous manner;
- Experience in computer software programs such as Auto CAD, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat and structural calculation programs is a plus; and
- Self-motivated with a sense of responsibility toward meeting deadlines and possesses high ethical and professional standards.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k) Plan. Salary commensurate with experience. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RADCO, A Twining Company, is an Affirmative Action Participant and Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.