New products are constantly being developed. These products in many cases are not addressed by the International Building Code (IBC) or an existing Acceptance Criteria or Evaluation Guide. So how does one obtain the necessary approvals required to bring the product to market?
RADCO can assist you with the entire approval process, from assisting in developing new Test Protocols or Acceptance Criteria to simply guiding you with the application process. Located less than 20 minutes from the ICC ES Whittier, CA headquarters, RADCO is uniquely positioned to provide swift service, both in terms of qualified personnel and physical location.
Fast Track Program: What some organizations refer to a “new relationship”, “fast track partnership” or similar fancy sounding concept, RADCO has been doing for over 30 years. Our team of knowledgeable and experienced engineers can guide you through the entire evaluation process.
A typical 5-phase program is as follows
- Step 1: RADCO will review your product literature, material properties, past testing and engineering. RADCO will then review the International Building Code (IBC) and acceptance criteria(s), and consult with ICC ES staff, if necessary, to determine what requirements have to be satisfied.
- Step 2: Once the scope of work or evaluation plan has been established (at the completion of Phase one), a cost proposal outlining this scope will be prepared.
- Step 3: The program developed in Phase two will be implemented. We will continue the coordination and feedback process with ICC ES and your company.
- Step 4: The final package(s) will be submitted for approval. At this point we will respond to any questions raised by the code body staff and provide general consulting as needed to keep the application moving in an expeditious manner.
- Step 5: The plant certification, quarterly inspection and follow-up testing and reporting program will be implemented, with continuous monitoring, evaluation and feedback being provided to the client to ensure that the plant is continually producing complying products.
Please review the document titled “How to Apply for an Evaluation Report from ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES)”, which can be downloaded from the ICC ES web site at: http://www.icc-es.org