New products are constantly being developed. These products in many cases are not addressed by the building codes like the International Building Code (IBC) or an existing Acceptance Criteria or Evaluation Criteria. So how does one obtain the necessary approvals required to bring the product to market?
RADCO can assist you with the entire approval process, from assisting in developing new Test Protocols, Evaluation Criteria, or Acceptance Criteria to simply guiding you with the application process. Our team of knowledgeable and experienced engineers and staff can guide you through the evaluation process providing you with the best service possible. Being an ISO/IEC 17025 and 17020 accredited testing laboratory and third-party inspection agency, RADCO can also conduct your testing and follow-up audits should you require these services.
A typical five-phase program is as follows:
- Step 1: RADCO will review your product literature, material properties, past testing, and engineering. RADCO will then review the Building Codes, Evaluation Criteria, and Acceptance Criteria(s), and if necessary, determine what requirements need to be satisfied.
- Step 2: Once the scope of work or evaluation plan has been established (at the completion of Phase one), a cost proposal outlining this scope will be prepared.
- Step 3: The program developed in Phase two will be implemented. We will continue the coordination and feedback process with your chosen evaluation agency and your company.
- Step 4: The final package(s) will be submitted for approval. At this point we will respond to any questions raised by the evaluation service agency and provide general consulting as needed to keep the application moving in an expeditious manner.
- Step 5: The plant certification, inspection(s), and follow-up testing and reporting program will be implemented, with continuous monitoring, evaluation, and feedback being provided to the client to ensure that the plant is continually producing complying products.