New products are constantly being developed. These products, in many cases, do not address the required building codes, such as the International Building Code (IBC), an existing Acceptance Criteria, or Evaluation Criteria. So how does one obtain the necessary approvals required to bring these products to market?
RADCO can assist you with the entire approval process, from assisting in developing new Test Protocols, Evaluation Criteria, or Acceptance Criteria, to simply guiding you with the application process. Our team of knowledgeable and experienced engineers and staff can guide you through the evaluation process providing you with the best service possible. Being an ISO/IEC 17025 and 17020 accredited testing laboratory, and a third-party inspection agency, RADCO can also conduct your testing and follow-up audits, should you require these services.
Our typical five-phase program is as follows:
- Phase 1: RADCO will review your product literature, material properties, past testing, and engineering. We will then review the Building Codes, Evaluation Criteria, Acceptance Criteria(s), and if necessary, determine what requirements need to be satisfied.
- Phase 2: Once the scope of work or evaluation plan has been established (at the completion of Phase 1), a cost proposal will be prepared.
- Phase 3: The program developed in Phase 2 will be implemented. We will continue the coordination and feedback process with your chosen evaluation agency and your company.
- Phase 4: The final package(s) will be submitted for approval. At this point, we will respond to any questions raised by the evaluation service agency, and provide general consulting, as needed to keep the application moving in an expeditious manner.
- Phase 5: The plant receives inspection(s) and certification. A follow-up testing and reporting program will be implemented, with continuous monitoring, evaluation, and feedback being provided to the client to ensure that the plant is continually producing complying products.